ALONE TOGETHER is an original story from the mind of poet / screenwriter / playwright Marshall “Gripp” Gillson. Trapped inside during a blizzard, a black couple has no choice but to confront the perilous implications of their mental health struggles.
- What words would you use to describe your experiences with mental health?
- How did you conceptualize the characters’ mental health issues? How do they differ from your own?
- Do you know anyone who takes medication? What have your experiences been?
- What experiences have shaped your attitudes about clinical treatment?
- How can we confront stigma around mental health issues and around getting treatment?
- How can black people specifically find personal well-being in a world that devalues our experiences?
July 7, 2019 @ 1:30-4:00PM
Arts at the Armory
written / directed by Marshall “Gripp” Gillson
starring Mindy Britto & Christian Thomas (IG: @_withchristian)
with guest panelist Dr. Charmain Jackman